Saturday, May 29, 2010

I am glad to be a part of His-story


image

image

image

image

Tonight is Wednesday night for many that just means that we are on the downhill slope to a weekend but for me that means another chance for me to look into the eyes of students from 7th to 12th grade and talk to them about Jesus. There is nothing as fun as sharing the inspirations from Christ with students.

Tonight we had the chance to say goodbye to the “stonehouse” this is the place that has been their youth room for the past 10 + years. As exciting as it is to move into a “new” location, it was hard to leave a place that has offered a place for worship and learning.

We all recalled memories we had…I remembered the Wednesday night 3 1/2 years ago it was my first night as the youth pastor at BCN. I circled the chairs and prayed in each of the 8 chairs I had set out, only to see 3 students show up.

One student recalled “it was right there that I gave my heart to Christ”. That statement is the reason I do what I do.

As we closed I allowed students to write on the walls a message to God…I was so impressed with their messages. They thanked God for chance to worship and meet Him there. They recalled how their lives had been shaped forever in that room.

I am so thankful that God has allowed me to be a part of His story. He never ceases to amaze me.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment